Your business knowledge and experience are invaluable assets that can let you invest in your future with a diverse and fast-growing economy of Canada. The government of Canada is looking for entrepreneurs, business managers and investors of all sizes and shapes who are looking for new opportunities here. Candidates now can apply for a wider range of business immigration programs here.
Here are different categories in the business immigration program to know:
- Federal Business Immigration Programs
- Provincial Nominee Programs for Business
- Quebec Business Immigration Programs
Federal Business Immigration Programs
Are you self-employed or looking for opportunities to grow your business in Canada? Or simply want to leverage your net worth to help get-up-and-go the Canadian economy? So, you can go for a federal business immigration program. These programs have designed to fit the experience and skills of business professionals who want to settle anywhere in Canada except Quebec. Current business immigration programs can be categorized as:
- those who enter with a Start-up Visa and
- those who enter as Self-employed Persons
Start-up Visa Program
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program is formulated to allure potent entrepreneurs around the globe, invites them to Canada and support them to start their business in Canada. It is a fast track program and the qualified applications are processed within weeks to clear entry of successful applicants into Canada.
- Meet the language requirements, a minimum level of Canadian language benchmark CLB 5 in either English or French.
- Your business plan must be supported by a designated funding organization. You must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund and/or a minimum investment of $75,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian angel investor group. If you are accepted into a Canadian business incubator program, you don’t need to secure an investment in your new business.
- Meet the ownership requirements of your business, as:
- every applicant must hold at least 10% of the stake (while up to 5 people can be owners of a single business).
- all the applicants and designated organization must jointly hold more than 50% of the stake.
- You have to prove that you have enough money to settle you and your family in Canada as the Canadian Government does not give financial support to investor visas.
- You plan to settle in a province other than Quebec.
- You must qualify Canadian Security and Medical clearances.
Self-employed Person Program
The foreign workers having relevant self-employed experience in a cultural or athletic activity fall under the category of the Self-employed Person eligible for immigration assessment. They can be:
- author & Writers,
- creative & performing artists,
- sculptors and other usual artists,
- technical support and other jobs in motion pictures,
- creative designers or
To immigrate as a Self-employed Person, you must:
- have at least two years of experience in the related field.
- be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada.
- meet the selection criteria that include your experience, education, age, language abilities, and adaptability.
- meet the medical exams, security checks, and other requirements.
Provincial Nominee Programs for Business
Each territory and province is operating its own Province Nominee Program (PNP). Each of these is offering wider streams for candidates with management or entrepreneurial experience. However, the eligibility criteria and application process of each stream is different. Successful applicants will receive a provincial nomination invariably. Then this provincial nomination will permit the candidate to submit an application at the federal level for permanent residence. More Information is provided in individual sections for following Provincial Nominee Programs:
- British Columbia Business PNP Program
- Manitoba Business PNP Program
- New Brunswick Business Program
- Ontario Business Program
- Prince Edward Island Business Program
- Saskatchewan Business Program
- Yukon Business Program
- North West Territories Business Program
Quebec Business Immigration Programs
Quebec is targeting all candidates to get benefit from its Investor, entrepreneur and self-employed immigration programs. These programs have devised to create job opportunities and economic growth on provincial level. However, Quebec has a unique range of business immigration programs which can be a great potential for both experienced and newcomers. All the candidates who are looking for entrepreneurial diversity can apply for this immigration program to get better opportunities.
A wealth of opportunities is waiting for businesspersons, entrepreneurs and investors with Canada’s business immigration stream. Get benefit from these, if you are eligible.
Do you need further assistance? Contact CMC Immigration.